Providing Goods and Services to People with Disabilities
Bombay & Co. Inc. is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff is trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
Notice of Temporary Disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption of service in the daily operations of our organization, Bombay will notify customers promptly. This will be clearly posted in our store windows and will include information about the reason for the disruption, and its anticipated length of time.
This notice will be placed at the specific location where there is a service disruption.
Training for Staff
Bombay will provide training to employees, volunteers, and others who deal with the public or other third parties on their behalf. Employees will receive training on how to use the computer (point of sale system) or any other devices that will become available or provided by the company that may assist with providing goods or services to a person with a disability. In addition, all employees who are directly involved in developing policies, practices and procedures regarding providing goods and services to the public will be trained in the Accessible Customer Service Plan.
Individuals in the following positions will be trained:
All levels of management and administrative staff and Head Office. Sales Associates, Stock Associates, Managers, District Sales Managers.
The training will be provided to staff within their three month probationary period for new staff and by December 31, 2012 for existing staff.
Training will include:
• An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
• Bombay’s plan related to the customer service standard
• Principles of integration and equal opportunities when providing goods and services
• How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
• How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
• How to help with providing goods or services to people with disabilities
• What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Bombay’s goods and services.
• Staff will also be trained when changes are made to the plan
• Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Bombay provides goods, services and facilities to people with disabilities may do so verbally or by email through the customer service address: customerservice@Bombay.ca,
• All feedback will be directed to the Human Resources Manager.
• Customers can expect to hear back via email within 5 business days.
• Complaints will be addressed according to our organization’s regular complaint procedures.
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy of Bombay that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities with be modified or removed.
Under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005(AODA), all public and private sector organizations must meet the requirements of accessibility standards established by the Integrated Accessibility Regulations. This Accessibility Plan (2014-2021) outlines the policies and actions that Bombay & Co. Inc. will put into place to meet the accessibility standards established by the regulation in the areas of Employment, Information and Communications, and Public Spaces.
This Accessibility Policy will be reviewed at least once every five years.
Statement of Commitment
Bombay & Co Inc. is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. We are committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities in a timely manner, and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act.
Bombay will ensure that training is provided on the requirements of accessibility standards and on the Human Rights Code as it pertains to persons with disabilities, to:
* All employees
* All persons who participate in developing policies
* All other persons who provide goods, services or facilities on behalf of the company
Training will be appropriate to the duties of the employees.
Training will be provided if any changes are made to this policy or the requirements.
New employees will be trained during the orientation process.
Information and communications
Bombay is committed to providing information and communication accessible to persons with disabilities. Upon request, where practicable, provide accessible formats and communication supports for persons with disabilities.
We will consult with the person making the request to determine their information and communication needs.
We will ensure existing feedback processes are accessible to people with disabilities upon request.
Bombay will take the following steps to ensure that all new websites and content conform to WCAG 2.0, Level A by January 1, 2014 and WCAG 2.0, Level AA by January 1, 2021.
Bombay is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
We will take the following steps to notify applicants and employee’s that, upon request, we will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment process.
* Review and if necessary, make changes to our current recruitment process
* Notify all internal & external job applicants, in job postings and when scheduling an interview or assessment that accommodation is available upon request
* If a selected applicant requests accommodation, we will consult with the job applicant to determine their specific accessibility needs when arranging accommodation
* Notify current employees as required and as soon as practicable and whenever there is a change to existing policies.
Individual Accommodation Plans ( IAP) and Return to Work(RTW)
Bombay will take the following steps to develop and put in place a process for developing individual Accommodation Plans and Return to Work Plans and processes for employees that have been absent due to a disability.
* The employees participation and cooperation in the development of the IAP
* Assessment on an individual basis
* The review of relevant information including medical information regarding restrictions or limitations
* Frequency with which the IAP will be reviewed and updated
* The steps taken to protect the privacy of the employee’s personal information.
* Setting out job duties ( including revised or modified job duties) timelines and performance expectations
* Provide individual accommodation in a format that takes into consideration the employee’s accessible needs
* If an individual accommodation plan is denied, the manner in which the reasons for the denial will be provided to the employee.
Performance Management and Career Development
Bombay will take the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities and individual accomodation plans into account in all performance management and career development processes.
If necessary, the company will provide individualized workplace emergency response information to Employees who have a disability. The Company will provide this information as soon as practicable after becoming aware of the need for accommodation due to disability.
Design of Public Spaces
Where practicable, Bombay will establish plans to meet the Accessibility Standards for the Design of Public Spaces when building or modifying public spaces under companies control on and after January 1, 2017.
In the event of a service disruption, we will notify the public of the service disruption as soon as practicable and alternative options, if available.
Modifications to this or other policies
Any of our policies that do not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.
Bombay is interested in feedback, regarding how to better include persons with disabilities in our business and in our workforce.
Please forward your feedback to:
Bombay Customer Service
Mail: 98 Orfus Road Toronto, Ontario M6A 1L9
Attention: Human Resources